TO BUTTER OR NOT?? “HATHI GHODA PALKHI JAI KANHIYALAL KI”
Today being Gokulashtami what better than talking about Kanha’s favourite food “MAKHAN”.
The utterly butterly delicious BUTTER, home made butter. With the increasing awareness, or should I say misawareness of health foods We are sometimes shunning away from the health foods falling prey to claims made that increases cholesterol or it is fattening. We are not ready to give up our Diet soda or diet chips or diet food because they have been marketed to be healthy!!
Our parents and grandparents, I guess were not able to market the benefits of butter to us ): Let’s talk about WHY should you eat the butter even though it is FAT?
- It is a rich source of fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, K. Vitamin k2 is especially there in grass fed cow butter. It also has trace elements, minerals like zinc, copper, selenium, manganese and chromium. It provides the much needed iodine too.
- Butter has a lot of short and medium chain fatty acids that help lose weight as it increases satiety and creates fullness like fibre. It increases metabolism. It also helps the Immune system and improves the Gut health. Butter has the omega 3 and omega 6 that are essential for brain, skin and prostaglandin balance.
- CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) – helps prevent Cancer and helps build muscle.
- Has the ability to maintain bone health. Not only Provides calcium but helps prevent arthritis and stiffness of joints.
- Its home-made and its delicious real food.
All in all butter when eaten in the right proportion is heart healthy, gut friendly, prevents cancer, helps brain development and promotes growth is good for osteoporosis and thyroid. What more can one ask for? No wonder our little MAKHANCHOR KRISHNA was trying hard to promote good health with his immense liking for butter.
TASTE BHI!! HEALTH BHI!!
HAVE A HAPPY JANMASHTAMI!!!!!