Holi is coming very soon, and we are super excited about it!
Although we strongy advocate the use of natural colours for Holi over chemical colors, we understand it may not always be possible for you to use natural colors. Here are some tips you can follow to minimise the color damage and leave your skin happy by the end of the festivities!
– Make sure you prep and prime your skin a week before the event. Use turmeric, multani mitti (Fuller’s Earth) & Rosewater face packs, and make sure you apply night cream for a few days!
During Holi celebration:
– Cleanse your face well.
– Oil your hair with coconut oil and tie it up into a braid if its long. This will protect your hair from damage!
– Use almond oil or jojoba oil on your face and arms as a protective measure. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen!
– Apply a thick layer of lipbalm. Skip the makeup this time, as it may make you break out!
– Have fun!
This is important since you need to safely get all the color out of your skin and hair! Be gentle – anything rough or abrasive can damage the skin!
– Cleanse your face with a foaming face wash and pat it dry. Now use micellar water or any skin-safe oil (not coconut oil) on a cotton ball and wipe your face gently with it to remove the excess color. Cleanse again!
– Use a clarifying shampoo and conditioner to get the color and oil out of your hair. If you can use a hair spa or a hot oil treatment, nothing like it!
– Use a Fuller’s Earth mask or a sheet mask the next day to treat the skin.
– Lay off the exfoliants and makeup for a few days to let your skin recover.
So what are you waiting for? Bura na maano, Holi Hai!