- Carrots chopped: 2 cups
- Onions: 1 cup
- Potatoes: ½ cup
- Spinach chopped: 1 cup
- Skimmed Milk: 1 cup
- Salt and Pepper: to taste
- Take the carrots, onions and potatoes in a pressure cooker.
- Add about 4 cups of water and cook for 3 whistles.
- Cool and blend.
- Saute the onions on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Since we are not using oil use a non-stick pan or spray the pan with cooking oil.
- You may sprinkle a little water if it starts sticking to the pan.
- Add spinach and saute for a minute or so.add this to the blended vegetable stock.
- Add milk, salt and pepper to taste and allow it to boil for 2 to 3 mins. Serve Hot.
- Carotenoids, iron, minerals, essential minerals and vitamins all in a soup!