I had my friend Sheela dropped in today as she had come to drop her daughter at some activity class next to my clinic. We were talking and suddenly she says, she is feeling drained and not feeling up to the mark.
She had gained a few kilos, I saw and she looked drained. So we just got talking about her routine and daily activities. She almost started like ek ke Baad ek kaam khatam hi nahi hota. No Time she laments. Home, kids, Dabba and work. Constantly juggling. Is this your story too?
So when I told her she needs to start with exercise she looked at me as if I was crazy, that after listening to her hectic schedules was asking her to exercise She told me exercise where do I fit it in this? So I thought let me put up some ideas for her and make her life Easy.
We all know Walking is the Best Exercise isn’t it? Nothing new nothing great about it.10,000 steps each day are recommended. Do you know how many steps and average Indian Walks according to a Stanford study? Just 4297 steps a day. Do you think this can be changed?
Let me make walking Easier For all my lovely Ladies like Seema. Oh these tips work even for the Handsome Men So here you go….
5 Super Tips to Walk Your Way to Good Health
- Walk and Talk is a Super Idea so Move when you talk
- In the kitchen getting food ready. You may not be able to walk, walk kind actual walk but keep your feet moving when cooking. It adds on to your Steps. Consider Calf Raises. Ever seen the football players do calf raises, adopt that.
- Brushing your teeth,you don’t need to see yourself in the mirror right,so Move. Walk walk walk.
- Watching a Serial- the commercial sucks right- get up and Walk. Even better walk and watch.
- How Many WhatsApp messages do you reply in a day? Reply to your WhatsApp when walking or moving or simply lift your legs, and do a march sitting in place.
So let’s make all the Sheelas jawaan. Join our #LetsWalk Challenge on our FB group
Photo Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomitheos/